Uses for Empty Pellet Bags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokal

Jan 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Has anyone found any good uses for empty pellet bags? It seems like a real waste to dispose of them in the trash.

My town doesn't recyle plastic bags.

I use them in the garage as garbage bags :)

We use them for Kitchen garbage can liners. Have enough to last all year, plus plenty for family.

My idea is to have the pellet manufacturer place a zip lock on the bag and then reuse them. We could turn them in at a location such as one who sells pellets and they could buy them back from us!!!!!

Do a search on the forum..Heavily discussed topic.

+We stuff ours as full as they go with recyclable soft plastic of all sorts then take it in for recycle. A few of the stores will take it for making their plastic bags. Believe it or not you can stuff one full every 2 weeks with the plastic debris from a family of 3. That's about 15 LBS. Because the bags are so stout they can be really packed tight using your foot unlike a garbage bag.

Halloween costumes or rain wear for the little ones.

Eric

LI-Mini-Owner said:
We use them for Kitchen garbage can liners. Have enough to last all year, plus plenty for family.

Thats a great idea, i think i will start that from now on.

And they are alerady pre scented ;)

Where's the guy that filled 'em w/snow and made a fort???

Franks said:
They fit right over my wifes head.

ya but they have air holes in them lol

Filled 40 last spring with corn from the old freezer in the garage and covered gravity box outside. Mixing with the pellets till it is all gone. Fold flat the empty ones and stuff one bag full of them, ready for the next use.
HF

I cut two holes in them and then put them on my head. I chase my wife around the house yelling "Captain CAAAAAVVVEEMAAAAN!!!!"

No- I use them as garbage bags in our kitchen. They fit great in our can.

stuff them into a feed bag and use it for an archery target

Status
Not open for further replies.