Using a LUX 9100U on a Avalon Lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifixjetz1

Oct 26, 2016
Hampshire, Illinois
Hey guys. I have been searching a lot about using the Lux thermostats for the pellet stoves since they work on millivolt systems. I have some questions about the wiring and hook-up. Per the manual it states to Hook to RH and W1 for millivolt systems. How will the thermostat get power to operate? Is it running on the AA batteries installed for screen power? If I added 24V to power the Thermostat do I Keep the 24V where it is at RH and connect my two wires from the stove to W1 and C?

wire.JPG

Last edited:
You shouldn't need any power the batteries supply all the electronics. Hook it up as it says (RH and W1) and it should work just fine. I have Hunter stats (1 stat for each) on both my pellet stove and furnace. The furnace stat uses the 24 volt system and the pellet stove stat uses the millivolt with no power except the batteries.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.