Using an iPad or IPhone to post pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
I have noticed a lot of pictures getting posted that are turned sideways. Even did it myself recently and didnt know why they were sideways on the web. On my phone or iPad they are turned correctly. Then I thought about it and learned that Mac technology will turn the photo correctly on your devise but the doesn't happen on your PC or online. So when taking pictures with your iPad or iPhone make sure the home button is to the right. Any other way the device is upside down or sideways, that's why pictures are turned. I took four photos with my iPad of the same thing. Pic 1(home button right) Pic 2(home button down) Pic 3(home button left) Pic 4(home button up) You can see that the first one turned correctly but the others are upside down or sideways. But all four pictures while viewing on my iPad are right side up. So just a note when taking pics, make sure the home button is to the right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 260
Thanks, Swagler. I have even rotated the pics in edit, and they still wouldn't come out right side up. Now I know why it happens in the first place.

Yeah. All i devices are meant to be held sideways (button to right).

It's designed to give you the Wide View. As are all videos supposed to be taken the same way.

You can upload a vid to YouTube with the Button Down, but the viewing area is very small and narrow. Almost all TV's are set up for Wide angle viewing (4:3 at the minimum).

Yeah. All i devices are meant to be held sideways (button to right).

It's designed to give you the Wide View. As are all videos supposed to be taken the same way.

You can upload a vid to YouTube with the Button Down, but the viewing area is very small and narrow. Almost all TV's are set up for Wide angle viewing (4:3 at the minimum).
I did the YouTube video mistake, spent hours shooting a video multiple times. Then finally liked saved and uploaded it to realize the video wasn't oriented right. Dang I was upset

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.