Using burner for kiln? almost on topic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuelfarmer

Burning Hunk
Oct 18, 2010
VA
The idea of using the boiler for a kiln is intriguing. Anyone have experience firing pottery in a wood burner.
I did try to fire a small piece of clay that my kid made, but it was not dry enough and exploded into small bits in no time. Next time I will bake the clay in an oven and then try the fire box.

firingclay3_zpsf9c62952.jpg

The small piece of clay is riding on the orange hot agitator protector.
firingclay4_zps2dc02d04.jpg

Great job FF..... you exploded your kids art project........ Shame on you, LOL. (Sarcasm implied)

I have wondered about this also, my wife wants me to find her a kiln, and I was thinking the same thing.

TS

I used the EKO to heat up a piece of cast iron off of a car that had a rusted bolt that I couldn't remove.
Just stuck it in the lower chamber with full gasification going and it was cherry red in a matter of minutes!
The bolt then came right out.Of course a cutting torch works also,if you have one.

Now thats living up to your name Mr. Fixit!
It does sound akin to something I'd do / have done. LOL

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.