Using Dek Blocks to build a shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I want to build a rather large shed, part of which will be used for firewood. I'm thinking 16 feet wide by at least 12 feet deep. The reason for these dimensions is that I have a bunch of metal panels from having our metal roof replaced last summer. The panels are all 16 feet long and I will used them for the roof in an east-west orientation to avoid having to cut them. I'm trying to make this as non-labor intensive as possible and I'll be working in an area where power tools, other than battery powered, will not be available.

I have done major deck projects with Dek-Blocks (even won "Deck of the Month" from the Dek-Block website a few years ago!) But I have never built a shed. The reason I want to use Dek-blocks is so that I don't have to dig holes for footings due to the ground having a lot of tree roots.

My idea is to have blocks on the four corners as well as front and back positions in the center of the 16 foot runs. I should have enough panels to cover use them for walls on three sides.

I saw one small, open shed on the "Show Us Your Wood Shed" Thread. If anyone else has done this and has suggestion or tips, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Sure you can, I know I've seen some guys here use them to build their wood sheds, I'm not sure if they have pictures of them in the wood shed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.