Using Hampton GC60 with thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennysDad

Feb 2, 2015
Dover NH
The Hampton GC60 has two settings for operation with a thermostat. AUTO/OFF or HIGH/LOW it seems that AUTO/OFF turns off the stove when the thermostat is not calling for heat and the HIGH/LOW turns the stove to LOW when the thermostat is not calling for heat. I am wondering if any of you have experience that can speak to the benefits of one setting or the other.

Welcome to the forum:) While I don't have direct experience with your stove or thermostat set-up, I have noticed folks tend to switch to the high/low type settings for the coldest parts of winter as it will allow for a quicker ramp-up on heat production providing a more steady heat. Pellet consumption will also factor in... Debate centers on ignitor wear and tear... Auto/off seems to be more common in the shoulder seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.