Using HT Simpson chimney pipe from my stove to my rain cap. (trailer installation)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that in older times that double wall insulated pipe was recommended, as the sole pipe in trailer installations. I have done the cost calculations for ceiling supports, and DVL pipe that I would need and it seems to be close to the cost of running Simpson Duravent all the way from my stove to the rain cap. My homeDepot sells 3' of Duravent insulated pipe for $83/ 3 foot section. I'll only need 3/3' sections and a 2 foot section. This would save lots of close type tedious framing etc., as i have 24" O.C. trusses and a metal roof. I could paint the stainless steel pipe with stove black paint. I think I could use a wall brace before it goes through the roof, by throwing in a piece of 2x4 to keep the pipe plumb and perhaps a roof bracket as the pipe will be 5' above the roof meeting the 2' requirement of pipe above ridge. What do you think of this as an alternative ?
Thanks joe

Status
Not open for further replies.