USS STOVE 5502M WHAT ARE THESE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess, but cleanout access?
IMG_20131206_220107_816.jpg

Ash trap clean out ports.

Keep em tight and closed when burnin'

Yes they are ash clean outs, keep'em tights and clean out behind them regularly. I find it best to have a hose attachment for your shop vac/ ash vac.

Larry, yes I have had my issues with the stove . Keep in mind that I have a 5500M, I dont know what the internal differences are. When you say it shuts itself down is the pot full or empty? Also you can adjust the feed rate independent of the heat setting. If you would like to do this then just press the Heat range (HR) down and the AUX. down button together. The number on the screen is your feed rate for a HR-1 setting, currently mine is on 1.15lbs. Repeat the process but press the HR up and AUX up button to set the HR-5 feed rate. Mine is set at 3.5lb I believe.

These stove are far from perfect but once they get dialed in they are a beast. What I have learned is all trial and error so I am no pellet head :/

They are doors for stove gremlins. US stove makes them, or imports them by the boat load.:) GOing a bit shack nuts with this mornings temp of -11, not as bad as the record breaking pole temp I heard of -135?

skibladerj its last malfunction was last night hr-3 and hr-4 . The stove just shut down . I think it possibly overheated or thought it overheated and then finally flashed err 2 . The temp light came on over the temp up arrow . The manual for these stoves really suck , that light is never on and popped on last night and I cannot find the info in the manual . The pot was empty when shut down . I am trying to relate this stove to my Harman that I have and they work completely different ( mainly controls and setting functions) . I guess you get what you pay for ....

Normally when you overheat you can smell it. Pick up a magnetic thermometer and see what that says. Could you post some video of it burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.