Ussc 5500m startup??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lme

Aug 20, 2015
Spearfish sd
Bought a 5500m. Plugged it in added pellets but won't light? It feeds pellets but won't ignite, quits drafting after a few minutes. Any similar issues when new??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove all of the pellets from the firepot and then start the ignition cycle. open the door and see if the igniter module inside is getting hot. It is behind the largest hole in the back side of the firepot. If it is not, then you need to check its wiring to see that it did not get disconnected in shipping. if connected it sounds like it could be a faulty igniter. Call our Customer care at 800-750-2723 and we can get you a new one sent out. Should be under warranty if you just bought it.

The office is closed. Got it to go last night but now won't fire. Does it matter which heat level it is set at when starting up I set it on one and I do not see the orange glow of the igniter??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.