ussc 5500m usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutsy

Oct 30, 2011
Northwest PA
Moved into house with a 5500m pellet stove and i am burning about a bag a day and its not to cold out yet, seems like running in manual setting gets a better burn but was wondering if anyone on here had any experiance with this stove? If so what settings are you using?

Sounds like a LOT of pellets for this time of year. Hopefully a few of the USS owners on here will comment about setting the stove.

Doing a search of that stove model on this forum might give you some info also. I seem to remember someone not too long ago with the same problem.

Welcome to the forum Nutsy,

Do you have the manual? If not you can download it.

I hope you cleaned everything before starting it up.

How is it doing on keeping your space warm?

The controller on a number of the USSC stoves can have their feed rates changed but you should talk to USSC first as it can lead to unsafe operation if done incorrectly.

Of course pellet usage depends on a lot of factors including size of space being heated, what temp you set it at and whether or not it is being used as primary heat source or supplemental. But, from what I have been hearing on the forum, 1 bag/day at this time of year sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.