USSC 5502M Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wangdutenzin

Sep 25, 2015
Massachusetts
Hey guys, I bought a used USSC King 5502M pellet stove. I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the pressure switch so that I can run the stove with the door open? Also is there a way to run just the combustion fan without burning any pellets? I know this could be a safety hazard, but I'm running it in a huge empty space.

Thank you!
P.S this is only my second post, but I've been lurking on here for a while and you guy's have been very helpful.

Why would you want to run it with the door open? Safeties are there for a reason...

PS - your insurance would drop you in a heartbeat too.

Hey Lake Girl, You helped me last time I posted lol. I want to run it with the door open because I'm in a wide open space. I know it's a weird question but I read somewhere that you can bypass the vacuum switch

1st off, if your exhaust fan goes out for some reason you will quickly fill even the largest space with smoke. Secondly, on pellet stoves the vast majority of the heat comes from the heat exchanger, not out the door, especially so on your stove. Your exhaust fan will be pulling air from the room instead of THROUGH the burn pot which will make for horrible combustion. All in all a bad idea.

There's usually a way to defeat safety controls. You could put a brick on the gas pedal of your car to make it run at a set rpm.

Could you explain why you want to run the stove with the door open? Why run the stove with the combustion fan on with no pellet feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.