Ussc 6039/6041

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewer

Dec 17, 2011
West central ohio
I have recently inherited a 6039 that is a 2006 model. ( tenant left it). I then found a 6041 that is a 2009 bought in 2010 at a price that I couldn't pass up.
Any info, comments, tips, hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I can't offer up much more than schoon did in the other thread, but I'd suggest resetting the control board back to defaults and check the door gasket fit. Mine was fairly loose when it was brand new. I gently tapped the door latch with a hammer so the door would close tighter. That made a difference in keeping the glass clean. The ash trap doors were also very loose from the factory. Tightening up the screws that hold them in place helped. I also got some metal plugs to cover the cleanout holes behind the firebrick board. They pop right out for cleaning. I'm happy with my stove, but there is a bit of a learning curve to get it burning right. I hooked mine up to a thermostat and it keeps the house between 68 and 70. Good luck with your stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.