USSC 6041 Auger Shearing!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQmedic121

Feb 20, 2008
Johnsonville NY
Afternoon,
I have had 2 USSC 6041 stoves. Both have had 6 (Six) augers shear at the hole that connects it to the motor. I have had all replaced by USSC. I am just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Some added info, I do VAC all pellets that go into the hopper and use Hardwood Pellets. Stove is cleaned every week. It was installed by me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

I think I would have returned it after the third time, sighting our states lemon law. Could it be that someone welded the motor bracket on out of true with the auger causing a repeated binding?

I replaced 4 pins in an Hudson River Saranac pellet stove in one season. Owners never used it after that. What a shame , it was still under warranty. Take it back.

This is my second stove. The only option they give me is another stove. I am just so hesitant on putting another POS in.

I purchased a used stove that had that problem. The pin actually dug into the steel on the Auger where it goes through the hole and widened the hole on he auger motor. I replaced all related parts, motor, auger, pin, and bushings. Now I can't get the damn thing to feed any pellets. The exhaust runs and the digital panel seems to be functioning as it's supposed to. I verified voltage to the Auger motor and tested the door switch to the hopper, all seem to be functioning properly. Being I bought it used I've never seen this stove work, any ideas what else might be wrong? I haven't ran the diagnostics test that is built into the circuit board, maybe that will tell me something. Any thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.