ussc 8500 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asweet1

Mar 3, 2015
theresa ny
I have a ussc 8500 I can't seem to get anywhere with the company. I have been thru ten (10) ton of pellets since October 14, In a new one story home? I have melted three agitators and the stove door is white, properly vented and return air is set up properly, I have reset and it just continues to be a dragon, any help would be nice.

Owen at US Stove is the guy you want to talk to ! he's on here quite a bit to. I'm new to this forum and the stove so i'm a little hesitant to give any advice. With that said I'll tell you I watched a couple of you tube vids that helped me along the way by Land/Air. you can do a search on youtube. Knowledge is abundant here so I hope someone chimes in so we both can learn something and welcome to the site

Owen at US Stove is the guy you want to talk to ! he's on here quite a bit to. I'm new to this forum and the stove so i'm a little hesitant to give any advice. With that said I'll tell you I watched a couple of you tube vids that helped me along the way by Land/Air. you can do a search on youtube. Knowledge is abundant here so I hope someone chimes in so we both can learn something and welcome to the site

Wow, thank you even after they ran a diagnostic test my settings on low were 14.75 lbs. per hour!!! on high it was set at 16.80lbs per hour that would explain allot, my fan 2 setting was at 6 its a wonder the house didnt burn down, thank you the videos are a gift.

glad they were a help ! i'm shocked they hadn't lowered those settings as they told me they were aware that this stove was running hot ! well at least you should be on the right road. I'm still trying to get mine right with some but little success. Hopefully Owen will chime in, he was a big help to me as well.

I have a ussc 8500 I can't seem to get anywhere with the company. I have been thru ten (10) ton of pellets since October 14, In a new one story home? I have melted three agitators and the stove door is white, properly vented and return air is set up properly, I have reset and it just continues to be a dragon, any help would be nice.

Owen is out of town until next week btw.

You aren't 'melting' agitators, you are oxidizing them from too much combustion air. Agitators / stirrers are considered a consumable item (I tend to consume one about every 2 years or so).

Obviously, you looked at the vids but you need to access the programming mode on your board and lower the PPH fuel feed down and the CA down as well.

My stove door (glass) is always white, I want it that way. That is an ideal a/f ratio

If it's been running too hot for an extended amount of time, You need to take a look inside the door, above the center point inside and make sure the upper front sheet isn't warping. Usually, overfiring will warp the front top of the unit and cause the door not to seal tightly, necessitating a heavier rope door gasket.

Asweet1 SCF is pretty right on seems like the air needs to be trimmed. The feed rate is best to be set on your BTU needs on the high and low sides. (High for the baddest of cold and low for the early fall/late spring). Once we get those set we can adjust the air to meet the feed rate. Pm me and I'll give you my contact info...I am at the HPBA expo this week but I can still get with you to get you dialed in.

16.80 lbs an hour? Man that's a lot of btu's.

16.80 lbs an hour? Man that's a lot of btu's.

Only if there is enough CA to consume the fuel efficiently.

Wow 2 tons per month. That is one hot continuous burn mostly. Sounds like it is undersized for your needs or a second stove needed so it doesn't run so hard all the time.

Wow 2 tons per month. That is one hot continuous burn mostly. Sounds like it is undersized for your needs or a second stove needed so it doesn't run so hard all the time.

Your Harmone would warp.

You are right at those btu's which I didn't realize. It would be a pile of metal. That must be a beast.

You are right at those btu's which I didn't realize. It would be a pile of metal. That must be a beast.

Your 'Har' would be 'moaning'.........;lol

Reactions: Mysticenchantment
Status
Not open for further replies.