USStove Pellet Stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyronian

Jan 8, 2008
UT
Has anybody had any experience with the USStove pellet stoves? http://www.usstove.com

They appear to be quaility and of the latest technology but I don't find much info/review/complaints/compliments about them. I think the business has been around for many years and they are a solid company. Their stoves seem great as near as I can tell.

Would love some feedback from anyone that may know.

Thank you all for this forum, it is amazing!!!

It's a low end pellet unit (price-wise) , but that does not mean it will not do the job. However, I would tend to caution folks about buying Pellet stoves from places that are unable to service them or supply parts and advice.....of course, some folks are handier than others and can DIY.

As far as latest technology, I don't think US Stove has a long history of building pellet stoves. But they may have purchased the technology or licensed it from somewhere else.

The main thing is to do a lot of homework (as you are doing)....and check your wallet. If you have the $$, you can probably get a lot of nicer pellet stoves, although not many are less $$.....and, consider how the warranty is going to be upheld if something goes wrong. Ask the dealer who is responsible for labor if something needs fixed.

Thanks for your quick reponse mr Administrator :)

I'm not trying to buy the cheapest, most of their stoves are around $2000-$2500 which, as far as I can tell is average in the market. I think even the Englander is around $2000 at Lowes. What's odd is that northerntool sells them for about $1300-$1800 (I just noticed) + about $280 shipping even though their website retails them much higher. hmmmm...odd that they are so low there.

I did find a few good reviews at http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200325988_200325988 on all their lines, just not very many.

I am looking into the rest...I will keep you posted...thanks.

also, what do you know of the JamesTown J2000? I see some remarks on the web that it is also a low-end machine but also remarks that it runs well. Would love some input.

Thanks!

Jamestown may be big out there regionally (the original company was from UT), but it is not usually on most folks shopping lists. They were one of the first to come up with Pellet stoves (long ago), but I think the company has gone through some transitions since then. If you are going to spend $2K or so on a Pellet stove, I would again suggest that you buy one (if possible) that includes dealer service and support.....this assumes that you have installing and servicing dealers near you.

As far as decent brands, there are a lot - but one suggestion I would have for you is to look at the brands that the moderators of this forum sell...only because they likely have the choice of just about any brands, and sell a LOT of them, so they are likely to be working with stuff that holds up and has less service. I know two of those brands are Avalon (lopi is similar) and enviro. That is just for starters.... for a bit more $$ you can can consider Harman and Quad (if available) ....these are definitely good lines.

Those are my suggestions...not as far as exact brand names, but an indication on a good way to figure out which direction to head. Little things like fit, finish, noise, size, etc. are always easier to get your mind around when you are standing in a showroom watching a sample unit burn.

Thank you so much for your help.

So far I have found out that USStove has been manufacturing Pellet Stoves since the mid-90's and have been manufacturing stoves since 1869. They use their own technology (it is not purchased/rebranded/OEM) and it appears to have all the latest and greatest in technology. Also, their customer service has been VERY responsive to my questions. I do have a local dealer that works with them but they also seem very responsive directly to the customer. (I must also note that I am able to get a USStove & Jamestown at wholesale prices, that is why I have been so interested in them and if they are any good....But, I'm still interested in quality, that's why I'm not just doing it, I am a beleiver in "You get what you pay for")

I found a quadrafire dealer very close to me and I'm heading over there tonight to get kozy with it :). I also found out their is only one Harman dealer in Utah, he has supposedly bought all the rights to sell in UT and he preaches there is no better stove and he beleives exclusivly in it. It's about 40 miles away but I may head over there as well....we'll see how it goes with the quadrafire.

Thanks again.

Well, the Harman guy just may be right. I'll tell you this - I've never seen parts that are as heavy duty....but it is going to cost you!

Sometimes the "wholesale prices" thing is too good to pass up, especially if you are getting a decent piece. This is off the top of my head, but I might just take the Jamestown between the two because first of all "the latest and the greatest" may really "we have no yet had it in the field long enough to know what goes wrong".......and, if Jamestown does have a decent company behind them now and a lot of units in the field in that area, that is always good for future parts procurement.

One of my buddies bought the big mama: the US Stove 6220 (American Heritage). He bought it from Northern Supply, but I have also seen this model at Tractor Supply. He just got his stove up and running about 5 weeks ago.

He runs this pellets stove in his shop. He says it runs great. He claims that it even runs great on the same pellets that I am having major problems with. Go figure....

Status
Not open for further replies.