utv snow plow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
been thinking about getting a snow plow for my polaris ranger. anyone here use one, and how good does it work? i live out in country and have about 1/2 mile gravel drive to plow. i do have a 30hp tractor and blade. but was thinking since the ranger has a partial cab on it, i would stay out of the 'elements' a little better.

Friend has an ATV with a plow......works very well. Brother just put one on earlier this year (finally) and when I drove it, I wanted one.
I would imagine that the UTV would be similar.

I use an older Gator 6x4 with a 72" blade at work for cleaning up the sidewalks, with some weight in the back it'll push a good amount of snow.

Just for fun here's a pic from today plowing the soccer field, it had no problem pushing the 120 yard length with about 4 inches of snow.

Reactions: PapaDave
My uncle uses a plow on his polaris but he switches out to tracks in the winter time. It does very well

I use a Ranger 800 XP with a Warn 72" snow plow. It moves quite a bit of snow.

u7uryge3.jpg
nubapy5u.jpg

RSNovi, nice set up. mine would be similar. so far thinking the moto alliance or eagle plow for me. thanks for the help.

I see the moto discussed a lot on PRC forum, but looked a little flimsy to me. It might be strong enough though.

I think the Warn is built very rugged and I had good luck with their customer service. I know the eagle is quite popular too.

Hi!

I have a Can-Am Renegade 500 with a plow in the front. The plow was jury rigged to be bolted Under the carriage. I have a handle at the front to raise the plow and then a small ``hook`` to keep it in place. It can be lifted 6 inches off the ground. I love that thing.! Especially at the beginning of winter when the snow if heavy with water. I use it to push the snow far from the driveway. The snowblower wouldn`t be able to handle wet snow/sludge.
Once everything freezes up and we get fluffly snow, whether it`s an inch or a foot, I use the plow to push it as far as I can, and then use the snowblower to blow it further.

Laurent

Attachments

• 009 (800x600).jpg
    009 (800x600).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 275
Status
Not open for further replies.