V.C.Vigilant 1A ash fettle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bob M

Oct 3, 2015
Pinckney, Michigan
I have a Vigilant that I bought new in 1981. I have used it to heat my entire home (1,500 sf) as a primary heat source. I have replaced the ash fettle 3 times in that span of years and find myself in need of doing it again. The problem I am running up against is that the part (130-4023) is becoming very hard to locate. Are there any members out there that can offer some help in locating this item? Much appreciated.

That part is now $256.00 from Cozy Cabin and Woodsman's...I just found one on ebay and another for $98 from
iBuyFireplaceParts.com.

ItemDescription
Qty Subtotal
1304023 Fettle Vig LOW STOCK LEFT1
$98.62Subtotal$98.62
Shipping & Handling$8.95
Tax$8.75
Grand Total$116.32
If you found another source let me know they need to be replaced from time to time and Vermont castings has none to offer