V3.0, I'm playing it much louder this time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millerized

Jan 5, 2015
Inwood, WV
After my last post, I didn't figure I would be back. I was assured that there was no issue, that my stove wasn't a problem, but knickers and panties were wadded and ready to wear. Far be it from me to let all that hard work go to waste, I just had to make sure it wasn't me that would be wearing them.

Remember me saying I donated a kidney to a lawyer? Just so happens she works in a big DC firm that handles all kinds of international trademark and copyright issues for both the US and their trading partners in China. After asking her if she knew anyone that could compare 2 designs and come up with a red light or green light verdict for me....she knew of 'just that person'.

After a lengthy review of the 2 designs, I'll paraphrase their lengthy legalese into this: "if they mention it again, you can safely tell them to #SiO2 and give us a call". That put to rest any concerns about building either V2, or the new V3 that I had in mind.

V2.0 continued to be tested during my whole absence here. It produced consistently repeatable burns, pellet feed and output, and not once did it fill any living area with smoke. It's much larger output will be nice to have inside this coming winter. The design was, as previously stated, sent free of charge out of the country for testing and production. Since the intended use down there is most likely as an industrial/agricultural heating appliance, it will quickly find a home down on the farm. The extent of that production is still to be seen, as other forces (pellet factories for one) will be deciding factors.

Which leads me to V3.0. It uses much the same means and methods, but a much different radiating surface. Definitely nothing on the market like it.There are also other iterations that I'm considering that will reach a much larger audience than a niche pellet stove would. While it remains to be seen if it will actually work full time, short term burns have been very, very promising. More work on that over the summer. Right now it's planting season, spring clean up, riding season and an exponentially increased workload at my day job.

You'll probably have to go to the website to see any updates since I learned here what I needed to learn, but know that what I'd intended to do all along is still happening: I'm still heating my house with something I built myself.
I may even decide to heat other folks homes as well.
IMAG0725.jpg

And the website is?

Status
Not open for further replies.