VA home inspection and wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof

Minister of Fire
Oct 18, 2011
Western PA
I was wondering if anyone has experience with VA home inspections. My cousin is buying my old house and is going through the VA. My old house is just that--old. In generally good repair, but not necessarily up to 2009 code. The wood stove is installed to the manufacturers specs. I hope the inspector is OK with the stove and other elements of the house. Any insights would be appreciated.

If the stove is installed up to manufacturers specs you should be fine. That is what an inspector is looking for anyways. We bought a 1950's house last year through the VA and even though the house hadn't been updated in 20 years it passed no problem.

If the stove is installed up to manufacturers specs you should be fine. That is what an inspector is looking for anyways. We bought a 1950's house last year through the VA and even though the house hadn't been updated in 20 years it passed no problem.
Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.