Va. W.Va pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2011
shenandoah county
anyone up to date on brands and prices around winchester/harrisonburg area? Was happy with American wood fibers 2 seasons ago but had to get somersets which were good and lignetics. eh. Now I find freedom fuel and lignetics.

Here in NH I've had very good luck with pellets from Tractor Supply. If you have a smartphone, download iGepir and check the barcode on their red bag TSC pellets. I like Maine Woods pellets, but you'll probably find that they source from a different vendor in your area. It's worth walking in there if they're not far out of your way. Price is $5.49/bag or $265/ton, no delivery.

If you were happy with AWF then you're not too picky, so should have many options. You're not too far for Hamer's to be a likely common pellet in your area, so would look for those.

If you were happy with AWF then you're not too picky, so should have many options. You're not too far for Hamer's to be a likely common pellet in your area, so would look for those.

There are two AWF's, the regular AWF brand and the AWF Ultra, which are softwoods. The latter has burned very well for many posters on the forum. For whatever reason, they haven't shown up in New England like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.