Vac for Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robzheat

Sep 30, 2006
To help reduce dust when using a regular shop vac when cleaning the pellet stove , would it help to add an extension hose to the exhaust and put it out a window close by?? I'm assuming most of the dust is coming out the exhaust????

What do you think

My guess is that you are correct in that a hose attached to the exhaust side will blow the fine dust that gets through the filter out the window. Something else you may consider that will help is to see if you can find the special fine-dust filter for you vacuum. I bought one for my shop vac several years ago at Home Depot. It's almost like a plastic filter material that you can actually hose off, dry and use it over and over again. It is absolutely perfect (and made for) sheetrock dust, and I'm only guessing that it would work much better than a standard paper filter. I think it cost me about $30.00 for this special filter.

Steve

For most shop vac's you can buy sheet rock filters, lot cheaper than a stove vac.

Status
Not open for further replies.