1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Vacation at the Cabin in Pa

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DexterDay, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Thanks BB.... I like to think I am. The material things in life mean nothing.... My Wife and my Kids mean everything.......
    Eatonpcat and GAMMA RAY like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    As it should be Dex. As it should be. Take care of them and the rest just follows.
  3. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Beautiful little girl right there, Not only will she break your heart when she grows up, Looks like she's gonna be a heartbreaker for the boys also!
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Great looking "cabin" . . . just looking at those pics made me feel relaxed.
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Dex - you got it going on, man. Beautiful family - great inlaws - a nice place to get away. Cherish it. I LOVE the cabin, but don't think you got away with it....I saw that electric baseboard.;)
  6. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Thing I like most about this site- people here appreciate the value of the important stuff. Thanks for sharing!
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Jags, I have long tried talking my BIL into an insert... But his memories of the Fireplace with his Father keep him from installing one. Those are water/radiator baseboards. The Cabin is a ways of the road, but my FIL ran a Natural gas line to the house. So it has a Nat gas fired boiler in the Crawl space.

Because he is only there on weekends. He keeps the stat at 50° and maily uses the Fireplace. Because it has an OAK inlet on the outside (right above the ash trap outside) it does a pretty good job.

A little Morso or Jotul would look good in the corner of the kitchen :) He has about 4 cord of wood there thats S/S and another 2-3 that still needs C/S/S. One day I may talk him into it. He likes hangin by the 30-NC when he is over... ;)

Lots of good people here. With good Morals.

Friends and Family are everything.
  8. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Three hail Englanders and 2 kisses of the supercedar and all will be forgotten.;lol
    Eatonpcat and DexterDay like this.