1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Vacation at the Cabin in Pa

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DexterDay, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Thanks BB.... I like to think I am. The material things in life mean nothing.... My Wife and my Kids mean everything.......
    Eatonpcat and GAMMA RAY like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    As it should be Dex. As it should be. Take care of them and the rest just follows.
  3. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Beautiful little girl right there, Not only will she break your heart when she grows up, Looks like she's gonna be a heartbreaker for the boys also!
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Great looking "cabin" . . . just looking at those pics made me feel relaxed.
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Dex - you got it going on, man. Beautiful family - great inlaws - a nice place to get away. Cherish it. I LOVE the cabin, but don't think you got away with it....I saw that electric baseboard.;)
  6. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Thing I like most about this site- people here appreciate the value of the important stuff. Thanks for sharing!
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Jags, I have long tried talking my BIL into an insert... But his memories of the Fireplace with his Father keep him from installing one. Those are water/radiator baseboards. The Cabin is a ways of the road, but my FIL ran a Natural gas line to the house. So it has a Nat gas fired boiler in the Crawl space.

Because he is only there on weekends. He keeps the stat at 50° and maily uses the Fireplace. Because it has an OAK inlet on the outside (right above the ash trap outside) it does a pretty good job.

A little Morso or Jotul would look good in the corner of the kitchen :) He has about 4 cord of wood there thats S/S and another 2-3 that still needs C/S/S. One day I may talk him into it. He likes hangin by the 30-NC when he is over... ;)

Lots of good people here. With good Morals.

Friends and Family are everything.
  8. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Three hail Englanders and 2 kisses of the supercedar and all will be forgotten.;lol
    Eatonpcat and DexterDay like this.