Vacation Jack pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
A little recap. Off this week so I finished splitting and stacking what was left from a "roll _off " dumptster scrounge if you can call it a scrounge. $40 . paid the guy for the delivery. Some of the regulars here may remember that post. Finished the stacking in a line and a HH worked out to be 2.5 cord conseverative speaking locast and cherry. Ok , fine now I'm done for 2012-2013.
Heres where the "Jack _pot comes into play. Figured I would hit Atlantic City being that I'm on vacation, but NO, next door neighbor (non_burner) has a tree service cutting down a 40' white oak this morning. I ask the guy if he would Drop the main trunk 24" daimeter at waist height and buck 18". He says sure, swings the trunk over with this crane and worker bucks it all right on the proberty line. Sweet. I roll out the 27 ton splitter and killed the day . Hence I feel I hit the scrounge "Jack_POt".
Figure a great start for 2013-2014 Ty.

Attachments

• patio wall.jpg
    patio wall.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 255
It don't get much better than that :)
White oak, & all you have to do is split. Some nice sized splits too.
Awesome!
How much was in the tree?
Don't forget the picture :)

That is awesome adr. Couldn't ask for anything better than leaving on the property line for you bring the splitter right up to. You did hit the jackpot! Got any pics? Always like the pics.

Nice score...pics?

I'll do pics tomorrow, I was a tad busy today. Each round avg. 20 splits @ 5" per split.

Much better than Atlantic City for sure!

Pic posted taken from deck above. 1 cord will sit there for 2 summers, then short walk into the stove room . Ty

Attachments

• patio wall.jpg
    patio wall.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 264
Sweet! JACK Pot! You'd probably lost your money at AC anyway!

Yep, between the money you saved from not going to AC and the easy wood I would say you had a GREAT day!

Right place, right time.
Sweet.

muncybob said:
Yep, between the money you saved from not going to AC and the easy wood I would say you had a GREAT day!

I'm sure your right about money saved. TY

That is a jackpot for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.