Valor Gas Fireplace DV in cottage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Here are a couple pics of a Valor Horizon nat gas fireplace installed into our vacation cottage.

The builder had a Majestic Vent Free (AHHHH) as standard, so we insisted on providing the fireplace! The Valor was the best unit we could find to fit the pre-existing mantel and hole. It is direct vented up a few feet and then out.

Beats the vent free any day!

The folks at Valor (Gail) and at Victorian Fireplace (Karen) were MORE than helpful in helping me get this together.....I still want to make a small slate hearth - although none is needed. This will avoid scratching the floor when I open the little gas valve access door, etc.

Of course, a rug and two chairs are on the way.......we need a place for Rosie to sleep!

Attachments

• DSC06262.jpg
    DSC06262.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC06265.jpg
    DSC06265.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 383
  • rosie.jpg
    rosie.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.