Value of Jotul 606

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Sep 29, 2007
I have Jotul 606 that I plan to replace with gas unit. It has a diamond design, stork on the front and mother with child on each side. Very good condition, nothing cracked or missing.

Can somebody advise on the value of this unit?

Thanks in advance.

Skippy

This one?

Cool stove......don't think it was ever sold here. Well, perhaps....but only for a short time.

It is a great collectors item! Also would work well. I would think someone would pay $500 or so for it in good condition.

Attachments

• 7241130.gif
    7241130.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,130
This is it but the door is different (see picture).

Attachments

• Jotul 606.JPG
    Jotul 606.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,765
where does wood feed on that unit? just the lower front?
i think thats a cool stove.

i would repaint it with Stovebright paint and change the gasket and put it on ebay starting at a penny with no reserve. this coming month will be prime time. i would say $400-500 but the beauty of its distinct shape is also its challenge. since you can't just stick it into your average fireplace it probably cuts out half your bidding audience.

You feed the wood only into the lower part. It has a fairly small capacity.

I have someone interested in the unit for some time already, I just did not have any idea how much to ask for.

Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.