Value VS/ price???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
Value ...its over rated

Last edited:
How can anyone justify buying a new stove for $1000.00 and think it will perform like a $3000.00 stove? Hopper fires...low heat output...wont burn "X" pellets......on and on... Buying a stove, and the install are NOT the place to skimp as you will have to live with your mistake...just saying

Troll lmfao

$500 for a one year old $6000 stove or a one year old Harman for $1500 with hopper extender, extra igniter, extra stirrers, ESP and trim?! Buying quality don't mean have to break the bank.

Reactions: iceguy4
$500 for a one year old $6000 stove or a one year old Harman for $1500 with hopper extender, extra igniter, extra stirrers, ESP and trim?! Buying quality don't mean have to break the bank.
" Buying quality" means buying quality

Reactions: Bioburner
Chinese ....!!!

Thanks!!! Let me know if you are ever cold I will sell it to you cheap ;)
It would have to be REAL cheap...no worries though...I have a Harman so even you know I will be warm. I was just reading... Hudson River West Point pellet stove...not well thought of...:(

It would have to be REAL cheap...no worries though...I have a Harman so even you know I will be warm. I was just reading... Hudson River West Point pellet stove...not well thought of...:(

Yeah maybe not well thought of.....they did a poor job with fitting the burnpot causing a lot of bypass.....I fixed it with some rope gasket and now the stove burns as well as any I have seen. The only stove I would considering upgrading to is the M55, and this is only because it is the quietest stove I heard. But I honestly don't think I will upgrade this one until parts become unavailable. There just is not much to gain and I have read and researched exhaustively

I have read and researched exhaustively
So do you think you would have purchased the same stove if you had done that research first? Just "trolling"

Helga is a hot blooded mistress who is always there when i call her.

Reactions: Mpodesta
So do you think you would have purchased the same stove if you had done that research first? Just "trolling"

Probably not, most likely I would have went with the m55. However, I don't think there is much to gain if any in performance with other stoves.
One thing that I did not consider at the time of purchase is resale value. My stove will be almost worthless whereas a Harman or Enviro could probably fetch the difference in initial cost in a resale. Something to consider.

Probably not, most likely I would have went with the m55. However, I don't think there is much to gain if any in performance with other stoves.
One thing that I did not consider at the time of purchase is resale value. My stove will be almost worthless whereas a Harman or Enviro could probably fetch the difference in initial cost in a resale. Something to consider.
this combined with the fact that a bottom feed burns...well ...even "infernos" Over the life of a stove if you saved $60/ton it will start to add up... Personally I think the only place to save with pellets is.....the pellets.

this combined with the fact that a bottom feed burns...well ...even "infernos" Over the life of a stove if you saved $60/ton it will start to add up... Personally I think the only place to save with pellets is.....the pellets.

I don't have a problem burning any pellets. I like the fact that Vermont are low ash and been buying them, but I have no problem with the others. Green Supremes most people dislike but I could use them year round no problem......as for Infernos lol you can put them in your Harman if you wish

yeah. my stove burns econo pellets just fine.
love the quad burn pot and how is clears itself.
no scraping other than pulling the cleaning rod once in a while.

i looked at some harmans while my car was getting worked on last week. obvious quality. closing the door was like closing the door on a bently or something.
oh yeah, i drive a subaru.;lol

i've never had a bottom feeder. but i am really happy with performance of the top feeder w/ the quad pot.
the flexible spring style auger is a brilliant design imo. and it doesn't sit in the fire.
that's the oddest thing in my mind about bottom feeders. though i know it is an effective design.

but yeah, pretty sure my stove will burn whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.