Varmenbaronen Apollo boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
I've been researching variuos boiler/stoves, etc to possibly replace my oil boiler. My latest research has led me to the Varmenbaronen Apollo boiler, which is a combination pellet/electric boiler - at what seems to be a reasonable price. It has the benefit of electric backup should the pellet portion fail/have problems. This would be an ideal set up, as most other pellet boilers recommend being installed in tandem with the existing oil boiler - something I would like to avoid (oil is $4.00USG and rising, and new legislation is being introduced that would require a boiler inspection for every company that you might wish to purchase oil from. Three different fuel companies = three separate inspections = even more $$$).
Does anyone have any experience with this line of boiler, or this company? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.