VC Defiant 1610 Griddle Knob Broken

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msbree

The griddle slipped my grip this morning, crashing back into place (no injury to griddle or me), but in the process, the little wooden griddle knob cracked right in half.

The seams are perfect for gluing back together but I only have all-purpose white glue in the house. Does anyone know if this glue will withstand the high heat from the wood stove once I put the glued knob back on, or is it worth spending $11.00 to buy a new one? Not in the mood ever for an explosion of any kind!

Regard attached image, I know I need to unscrew the assembly, but my question is, what are these little round thingies around the screw and WHERE will they be positioned when I place the new knob back on? There are 4 of them...2 smaller ones in the middle and 2 larger ones, one on each side of the 2 smaller ones.

Thanks so much! VC-Defiant-1610-Griddle-Knob.jpg

Just my opinion . . . I would spend the $11 on the knob and know it will work.

Just my opinion . . . I would spend the $11 on the knob and know it will work.

Thanks for replying! I do have a new knob on the way, but I did use the white all purpose glue (non flammable too), and it's holding up like a charm! ;)

Thanks for replying! I do have a new knob on the way, but I did use the white all purpose glue (non flammable too), and it's holding up like a charm! ;)

Then my opinion changes . . . somewhat . . . keep the new knob in reserve . . . but use the fixed knob for now if it's working!

Then my opinion changes . . . somewhat . . . keep the new knob in reserve . . . but use the fixed knob for now if it's working!

This is exactly what I had planned myself! Inevitably, it's going to happen again....one day, maybe!!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.