VC Defiant Encore 0028 owner in Sweden.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander.R

Dec 13, 2013
Sweden
Hi everyone!

I am delighted to finally found my way on to this VC forum! This is exactly what I need right now!
I am here to willingly listen and learn from people with lots of experience running those VC stoves, and that makes me feel comfortble.

My friend had one of these for years, and was very satisfied with its performance. Although, these stoves was pretty new in Sweden back then, about 15years ago. I got inspired by his VC and decided to have one myself after been tryin out some other stoves that that did not have the quality like VC has.

Now, my situation is like this. I bought this fine VC Defiant Encore 0028 couple of years ago, and now its time to restore it. The backplate/fireplate, straight in, undernieth the above plate, are cracked and bent and the above plate, with the big square hole, are also cracked and bent. Sorry about my explanation! I dont know what these parts are called in english. I hope you understand :)
I bought these plates new and started to take the old ones apart. When they where of, I saw that the refractory assembly is totaly broken. So, now its starts to dawn on me that there needs to be more things fixed than just changing those two plates in the back.

I need to order a new refractory assembly. This part costs 760$, here in Sweden!!!
And for comparison I can tell you guys that on of these stoves costs 5400$ in Sweden.
So, prices are quite much higher over here. Probably because of high EU tolls from US!?

So I am looking for sellers in the US or Canada for a lesser price, that would willing to send stuff to Sweden.
I have found one US dealer that sells it for 279$ ! Probably a good price!? Is it?

I would appreciate if someone could point me in direction of VC spare parts dealers in the US or Canada!

As for now Im going to dive in to read throu all posts, threads and tips about these VC Defiant Encoe stoves :)

Thank you for your time!

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.