VC Defiant Encore vs. Jotul 3TD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinMadison

Aug 20, 2006
Thanks all for helping out!

We like our Jotul, but it requires quite a bit of attention to keep the temp where we want it, doesn't have an ashpan, and is a little underpowered for the room it's in.

I bought a Defiant Encore (circa 1988) and could fairly easily switch stoves if I get the 6" collar for it.
What are the pros and cons of switching?

I really like how the Jotul looks, but the Defiant Encore is a pretty attractive stove too, and I like the idea of the added efficiency.
Anyone have experience with a Defiant Encore?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Mike I thought I answered your prior questions about the Encore. As I remember you have venting issues also to address?.

Hi elkimmeg

I was hoping to get some feedback on the Defiant Encore vs. Jotul 3TD (also, anyone know what the TD stands for?), if I go with a 6" flue.
Burn times?
Ease of use?
Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Mike I have no feed back as of yet. I just installed it a few days ago. I can tell you about The Intrepid or Resolute Acclaim I have run these stoves.. Most people do not have two stoves running side by side for comparison. All I can do is point you to the manufactures sites unless there is a dealerthat sells both and have both setup and opperating. side by side. I wish I could recomend one over another but both are quality stoves

Status
Not open for further replies.