1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

VC Defiant Encore vs. Jotul 3TD

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by MikeinMadison, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeinMadison

MikeinMadison Member

Thanks all for helping out!

We like our Jotul, but it requires quite a bit of attention to keep the temp where we want it, doesn't have an ashpan, and is a little underpowered for the room it's in.

I bought a Defiant Encore (circa 1988) and could fairly easily switch stoves if I get the 6" collar for it.
    What are the pros and cons of switching?

I really like how the Jotul looks, but the Defiant Encore is a pretty attractive stove too, and I like the idea of the added efficiency.
    Anyone have experience with a Defiant Encore?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Mike I thought I answered your prior questions about the Encore. As I remember you have venting issues also to address?.
  3. MikeinMadison

MikeinMadison Member

Hi elkimmeg

I was hoping to get some feedback on the Defiant Encore vs. Jotul 3TD (also, anyone know what the TD stands for?), if I go with a 6" flue.
    Burn times?
    Ease of use?
    Pros? Cons?

Thanks!
  4. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Mike I have no feed back as of yet. I just installed it a few days ago. I can tell you about The Intrepid or Resolute Acclaim I have run these stoves.. Most people do not have two stoves running side by side for comparison. All I can do is point you to the manufactures sites unless there is a dealerthat sells both and have both setup and opperating. side by side. I wish I could recomend one over another but both are quality stoves
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.