VC Defiant - What's it worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waulie

Minister of Fire
Aug 31, 2011
Nothern Lower Michigan
I have the first model (forget the no. off hand) no. Vermont Castings Defiant stove from the 70's. It is all original and in excellent shape. I am going to put it up for sale and was hoping to get an idea of what to ask. The stove is in SE Michigan.

Thanks in advance!

If its a two piece fireback with no warpage on the fireback and is not in need of resealing, I see them go for $400 to $700 in the northeast (more in the fall, less in the spring). If its a one piece fireback, if it is used, it will at some point need a conversion to two piece and the cost of the kit is in the $500 range, thus its worth less.

Thanks! I'll need to take a look at the fireback. Although I suppose "worthless" might be a stretch, I'm hoping I have the two piece. I haven't looked at the stove in 5+ years, but it kept me quite cozy with no issues for a few years prior. The stove has been used, but I'd say about 2 cord in the last 10 years. Before that, who knows? The thing looked fantastic when I took ownership and has been used minimally the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.