VC DW2500 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
Its, been 2+ weeks now and my dealer has heard NADA from VC and his distibutor as to what they are going to do with my stove. Just thought I would let you all know.

wxman said:
Its, been 2+ weeks now and my dealer has heard NADA from VC and his distibutor as to what they are going to do with my stove. Just thought I would let you all know.

Hi wxman,
Sorry to hear your problem hasn't been addressed by VC. The other guy that had the same problems as you has gotten a new stove as you probably know.
Beware of those on this site that will tell you that they will help you with their assistance by contacting so called contacts or connections within these stove companies to review your problem and try to correct it.
I have two individuals that said they would do the above to try to help, and I am still waiting.
Believe me, their are a lot of people on this site that think they have more "Pull" than they actually do. A lot of "Self Back Patters".
If you are going to try to get a solution to your problem, pursue it on your own through year dealer, Better Buisness Bureau, State Attorney's General Office, or simply go for it between you and the company and square off.
I believe you will thank yourself in the long run and owe no one but yourself for your efforts.
Best of Luck,
John

Firebug, you are getting an attitude that matches your Avatar!

I must say, that's about the nastiest comment I've seen on the board all year - my opinion, of course. Folks here have put hundreds of hours into helping others with no reward other than feeling good. Perhaps they have not been successful (yet) in your case, but no one ever told you to stop your regular efforts with your dealer, etc - so no harm done, it would seem.

Sometime we win, sometimes we lose. Just for the record, I never (or very rarely) step in with manufacturers on situations like this even though I know a lot of them. I just think it is best for me to attempt to remain neutral and watch what happens in the normal course of events. Although that may mean a little less speed and satisfaction for some "fixes", I think once I start to do this it would become a slippery slope.

On the other hand, it might work well to do one a month - sort of like an "ombudsmans" column, and see what happens and then report on it.....I'll consider that, but only after I remove my hand from my back....it seems to float there and flap,flap,flap.

Webmaster said:

I must say, that's about the nastiest comment I've seen on the board all year - my opinion, of course. Folks here have put hundreds of hours into helping others with no reward other than feeling good. Perhaps they have not been successful (yet) in your case, but no one ever told you to stop your regular efforts with your dealer, etc - so no harm done, it would seem.

Sometime we win, sometimes we lose. Just for the record, I never (or very rarely) step in with manufacturers on situations like this even though I know a lot of them. I just think it is best for me to attempt to remain neutral and watch what happens in the normal course of events. Although that may mean a little less speed and satisfaction for some "fixes", I think once I start to do this it would become a slippery slope.

On the other hand, it might work well to do one a month - sort of like an "ombudsmans" column, and see what happens and then report on it.....I'll consider that, but only after I remove my hand from my back....it seems to float there and flap,flap,flap.

Craig,
I will agree with you with your position of "never,(or very rarely) steping in with the manufactures. You should offer this advice to "The Self BacK Patter" who posted above you.
If you can't deliver don't offer assistance.
As far as my attitude, believe me, my head is not in the clouds as some know it all, want a bes.
It is very true that there are a great many knowledgable individuals who offer advice on this site, and you can single them out just by reading their posts and responses. And than there are, well, the know it alls and I no everyone people. As shown above in this thread they know who they are with out anyones attititude marking thier signature.
I wished the man above the Best of Luck with his problem and if I could I would do anything to help him, but I will not tell him I will contact the the president or any one else of VC and use my so called clout or influence to help expedite a solution to his problem.
Who's playing God here?
I consider this my opinion, but it you or anyone else wants to call it attitude, so be it.
I am sure you received a number of PM's concerning this.
I do like my avitar. Thats why I picked it. It was from this sites list it was picked, so what the problem?

Webmaster said:

Craig,
I will agree with you with your position of "never,(or very rarely) steping in with the manufactures. You should offer this advice to "The Self BacK Patter" who posted above you.
If you can't deliver don't offer assistance.
As far as my attitude, believe me, my head is not in the clouds as some know it all, want a bes.
It is very true that there are a great many knowledgable individuals who offer advice on this site, and you can single them out just by reading their posts and responses. And than there are, well, the know it alls and I no everyone people. As shown above in this thread they know who they are with out anyones attititude marking thier signature.
I wished the man above the Best of Luck with his problem and if I could I would do anything to help him, but I will not tell him I will contact the the president or any one else of VC and use my so called clout or influence to help expedite a solution to his problem.
Who's playing God here?
I consider this my opinion, but if you or anyone else wants to call it attitude, so be it.
I am sure you received a number of PM's concerning this.
I do like my avitar. Thats why I picked it. It was from this sites list it was picked, so what the problem?
It seems as if something is said that doesn't make the popular vote, it becomes attitude. I hope this isn't so. It would be ashame for such a good thing as this site to become a censored, lopsided opinion sewing circle.
"Boy Wonder", has to earn respect and he sure as heck ain't going to earn it from me.
Once, again if he makes comitments let him honor them!

Thanks,
John

John, I'm not one that knows any VP or Pres. of a company, but have been following this thread. Yes, people should follow up on commitments, but there sometimes are mitigating factors - like life, baby's on the way, sickness, work, etc. This is a purely volunteer effort. If someone hasn't received a response, a gentle PM to query whether there has been any response is going to get a whole lot better action than dissing. These folks really do have a life outside of this forum, though sometimes it may not seem so. %-P

I assume you keep posting this things to get a rise out of me. Good luck. Even after the nasty PM's from you, I was still planning on trying to help you. Forgive me for ever offering to help and then not being able to deliver. I can only hope I can get through my daily life here knowing that I let you down so greatly. It is truly a burden to me to think I couldn't help such a gracious and pleasant individual, good luck with your stove.

There is a fault in your logic though. I can't always gurantee I'll be able to deliver, but I still offer in hopes that I will find a way. For example, the second donor installation began with a stove and nothing else. I searched out a family and made it clear that I would install it for them, but I didn't have pipe and wasn't sure I would be able to get it, but that I would work on it. I was patient and waited and waited and was finally put in touch with someone that could help and through that donation it was possible for me to install the stove. Obviously I would have been better off letting the stove rust back into the ground, instead of making an attempt to help someone with it.

And clearly installing stoves so that low income families can afford to heat their homes doesn't count as helping, right?

I'm going back to my room to sit alone in the dark and consider how lowly and worthless a human being I am. Thank you for putting my life in perspective.

I guess you are refering to me. I was a bit busy to day helping out in the donor program. Yeah that's right helping another and not linning my pocket with money

I was hoping his dealer would have stepped up and gotten the issue resolved. I did Email CFM and let them know about the situation. The last word I got was CFM was waiting for the dealerto file his report and request for a swap.

While you are bashing me I made a phone call 2 years back and got Mo heat's winter warm swapped out. PM mo Heat if you want confirmation. Un fortunately my connection is at the Vermont facillity. This stove is not manufactured there and I made note of this in my response to the DW Inserts. IF wxman PM me of his personal info and his dealer I will e-mail my contact again hopefully he will forward it to the powers that be in the other manufacturing division

Awe Corie don't worry about it between you and Elk you're helping so many people outside the forum (and inside)..

I guess this makes you guy's vulnerable to attack...... I dunno why.......

BeGreen said:
John, I'm not one that knows any VP or Pres. of a company, but have been following this thread. Yes, people should follow up on commitments, but there sometimes are mitigating factors - like life, baby's on the way, sickness, work, etc. This is a purely volunteer effort. If someone hasn't received a response, a gentle PM to query whether there has been any response is going to get a whole lot better action than dissing. These folks really do have a life outside of this forum, though sometimes it may not seem so. %-P

Hi BeGreen,
No Problems on the migiating factors. Been there, done that, so has everyone else I also fully understand about the volunteer efforts made on behalf of the many individuals on this site who lend their precious time and efforts assist others with problems, to them I say,sincerely, thank you.
I am sorry to waste this precious time of yours and others with this situation but as I have noted in the above post, this seems to be getting more lop sided with each response, including yours.
Before for you break my stones for not making a "gentle PM to query whether there has been any response is going to get a whole lot better action than dissing, let me inform you that "A Gentle PM " was made. All you have to do his ask the one who responded. Yes there are two sides to every story.
There was no time for "making the so called connections", but there was plenty of time to make follow up posts on numerous threads.
I was advised by the well connected good samarathan to feel free and help myself with my problem,(among other things), and took his advice well before hand and ran with it to my advantage.
As for the a certain other individual who offered the same assistance but too a much lesser degree, I fully understand his absence of response due to a soon to be new addition to the family. Also, to him & the MRS. I wish CONGRADULATIONS and thank for all the help he has given me in the past which landed right on the money.
Please do check with the flip side for "The Rest Of The Story",but by reading your response, I think You already have, hence,(one sided belief,sorry).
I really am truly a very understanding, decent , sympathethic individual, but sometimes you just got to call them like you see them. I beleive thats what makes us all individuals.
I hope your not going to pick on my Avatar too. Sorry for the double post.

Thank You,
John

As I previously mentioned, there were numerous exchanges between the two of us, and the root of the problem here is that I am a worthless human being.

Keep cutting me down John, I hope its making you feel better. If you'd like I can start a new thread just so you can continue to insult me. I will never, ever ever under any circumstances volunteer to help another soul. However, I'm done reading and responding to this thread so continue to boost your own ego by continually attacking me.

Feel like you've accomplished something yet?

Oh and generally people who have to say they're understanding, decent and sympathetic usually aren't.

Corie said:
I assume you keep posting this things to get a rise out of me. Good luck. Even after the nasty PM's from you, I was still planning on trying to help you. Forgive me for ever offering to help and then not being able to deliver. I can only hope I can get through my daily life here knowing that I let you down so greatly. It is truly a burden to me to think I couldn't help such a gracious and pleasant individual, good luck with your stove.

There is a fault in your logic though. I can't always gurantee I'll be able to deliver, but I still offer in hopes that I will find a way. For example, the second donor installation began with a stove and nothing else. I searched out a family and made it clear that I would install it for them, but I didn't have pipe and wasn't sure I would be able to get it, but that I would work on it. I was patient and waited and waited and was finally put in touch with someone that could help and through that donation it was possible for me to install the stove. Obviously I would have been better off letting the stove rust back into the ground, instead of making an attempt to help someone with it.

And clearly installing stoves so that low income families can afford to heat their homes doesn't count as helping, right?

I'm going back to my room to sit alone in the dark and consider how lowly and worthless a human being I am. Thank you for putting my life in perspective.

Lets cut to the chase and end this. You feel the way you do and I feel the way you made me feel.
If you feel your work with this donor program is great as you say, and I am sure it is, hats off to you, but please cut the self righteousness out. Its getting old.
You do it because you believe in what your doing not telling every, Tom, Dick and Harry how good or how much you did or will do.
Your work will speak for its self and you should not have to cast it up to other people on your accomplishments.
NO problem, I will not expect nothing more of you, whether realistic or imaginative, with no false pretenses. I will try to solve my own probolems in accordance with my beliefs.
If you or anyone else believes my PM's were "Nasty", Its time to "Buck UP People", this is the real world, whether we like it or not.
I not looking for your sympathy or your "Self Philosophy of what kind of individual I am.
I will sleep at ease tonight, will you?
One should do things because they want too not because they got too.
Let this as you say be the end of it, no one wins, everybody loses.
No reason to forgive you if did nothing wrong!
Thank You,
John

Craig Begreen MSG or Mo time to end this post nothing more to accomplish it has gone in the dumpster

Well this got off topic eh? Sorry bout your problems Bug but people asked me to keep them updated and I just thought I would drop a quick note.

Status
Not open for further replies.