VC Encore Pipe Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

singletrack70

Nov 16, 2008
Maine
Hi folks,

I recently had a chimney fire, thankfully the only damage was my masonry tile liner which is now cracked. My only real option at this point in the season is to go with a SS 6" liner. I have a 25' chimney, which will accomodate the liner nicely, but my stove, a VC Encore 2550 (cat) is set up with a 8" oval collar. Previously I just had run an 8" oval to round adapter off the collar (rear exit) to 8" double pipe, straight into the chimney. I believe Encore makes a 6" round cast iron collar that I can swap for the current setup, but I am wondering if I can just use a reducer from the 8" oval adapter to a new piece of 6" double pipe into the thimble and liner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Crusty

Sounds like it should work ok as long as you are not running the stove open with a screen at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.