VC fan kit for an Encore Non Cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Dec 30, 2005
Wolcott, CT
Does adding the fan kit to the encore really make a difference? Does it distribute the heat more effectively? I am considering adding the kit to my setup and am wondering if it is really worth it. Thanks in advance

My guess on that stove would be no, not worth it in most cases. Consider that hundreds of thousands of New Englanders have used VC stoves for 20+ years, and very few ever had or needed fans.

If a person has an insert or a completely double wall stove, then a fan MIGHT be a good investment, but I would say you are best saving you bucks...then again, those heat activated ones that sit on top are pretty neat and will help spread some heat....

So, consider it optional...

Status
Not open for further replies.