VC Montepelier fan speed control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brae09

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
A quick question about the Montpelier. I couldn't find the answer from the literature. Is the fan speed automatically adjusted only? Can you manually control the maximum fan speed? Thanks!

The fan is automatic only for off/on. Fan speed is up to you. I run mine at the 3:00 position.
Gabe

Like he said, you manually adjust it after it initially turns on, but you do have to turn it to the on position if it is turned off. It will also automatically turn off when the unit cools down.
I'm noticing for best heating results, I start with the fan on low, for the first hour or two, then I turn it all the way up with a hot fire (air completely closed or to the right) I get my space to 76 degrees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.