VC Radiance Gas Vented Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FritzT

Oct 1, 2016
Maine
I am having trouble finding the model # on a Vermont Castings Radiance gas vented stove. I looked at the manuals on line but they were not helpful in this area. Any suggestions?

I have purchased a stove that was fueled by NG and would like to convert it to LP. What is required to do this?

Thanks.

The propane version is a separate model - RUVSODRP. There are several parts that are different including the oxygenator, burner housing assembly, front and rear orifice hoods.

I am a gas stove novice and am not sure if this VC radiance vented stove is worth spending the $ on to convert it from NG to propane. I've read some mixed reviews on it and would appreciate any advice.

I bought mine used for $275.

The stove does not have a remote control or fan but both of these options are available in the aftermarket.

I will also need to install a new chimney pipe for a vented gas stove which, I believe is different than a wood stove pipe (my old stove set up). I am not sure what this will cost. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if there is a conversion allowed due to the multiple parts and certification involved. It does look like an expensive change if possible.

I'm not a gas expert so it's better to wait for advice of someone that is familiar with this stove line.

Status
Not open for further replies.