VC Reliance or Harman question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drtnshtr

Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
I have a VC Reliance that I have only had fired up a couple times for testing when I bought it....the auger speed seems to not change much when turning the heat knob up and down...I took the back apart and the box where the auger(if you call that an auger) is says HARMAN right on it and has an arrow that says "increase" on it...there is also the part between the auger motor and auger that moves up and down kind of like an oil pump you would see out in a field(if that makes sense)....on the end of it is a wing nut that tightens down on top of what seems to be some sort of adjustment bolt. I stared at this thing for an hour tonight while I had the auger running and still cannot figure out how it all works or adjusts...I thought I knew quite a bit about pellet stoves til I seen this contraption. anyone know anything about these?

I believe the oil rig looking thing is attached to the feeder plate that opens in the hopper to let pellets into the augur tube. This is a safety device to stop fire getting up into the hopper. Not guaranteeing that answer, but I think that's what it is.

bungalobob said:
I believe the oil rig looking thing is attached to the feeder plate that opens in the hopper to let pellets into the augur tube. This is a safety device to stop fire getting up into the hopper. Not guaranteeing that answer, but I think that's what it is.
Yup its definitely attached to the feeder push plate thingy ma bob and that makes sense about the safety device. I am very curious how to adjust the feed rate on these???

I have the Harman P68, so it is probably not designed as yours. Mine has a feed dial to adjust on the control panel. If you have the manual it would probably be in there on how to adjust, I would guess. If not, I'm sure someone will eventually give some helpful advice here. Surprised not to see some answers yet. Maybe rephrase the question? Good luck.

I have found out since buying this VC Reliance there isnt much info to be had about it...mine burns just fine but It seems like it will use alot of pellets at the current feed rate. the control panel does have adjustments for the blowers but not the auger. I do not have a manual for this stove but im sure if I really dig into it I could figure it out....my whitfield has 5 settings and I can tell a big difference in each of them. when I turn the knob on the reliance and watch the feeder push plate it doesnt seem to make any difference at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.