VC Resolute 1980? Accessories Available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooth2

Nov 29, 2014
Wendell, MA
Hello All. I just acquired (at no cost - yahoo) and older VC Reliant in good condition. I found the users manual here and have printed and reviewed it. I'm excited to get this hooked up in the cabin I just constructed, unfortunately bad weather has prevented me from getting there. But I digress. I am wondering if it is possible to still get accessories for this older model. Specifically I'm interested in a spark screen and warming shelves. (Of course depends on costs) Do the new accessories still fit the older models or do I need to get something designed for that specific year? If so, how do I determine the manufacture year. I have a serial number and it is stamped as having been inspected for safety in 1980...Thank you in advance for your input. Incidentally, I have been browsing Craigslist and E-bay already...

Did you try contacting Vermont Castings directly? I'd tell you to check on the website but that can be confusing sometimes. I would say that some things should still be available. Plus, VC has gone through quite a few "changes" recently, so your experience with them may not be the best. Good luck!

I've got a reliant from 1980 (came with the house I moved into this spring) and it has a spark screen. If you do come across a place that sells accessories, please post it, I would like to find a glass front for mine, on the stove it says to use kit #75 for the door, but that seems to be a moot point with all the newer models now, might need to buy something 2nd hand...

are we talking reliant or resolute?

Ah sorry big thumbs and a little phone make for interesting posts, and a large glass doesn't help either :)

Meant to say resolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.