VC Resolute Acclaim 0041 Installation in a mobile home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreen999

Jan 7, 2011
West Virginia
Good morning all,

I am new to the forum and have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with. I recently purchased a Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim model 0041, manufactured around 1988 I think. I made the purchase before doing any real research thinking that a wood stove is a wood stove. I didn't realize that there were so many different aspects to them. I want to install the stove in a double wide mobile home. I have already removed the old fireplace and the wall surrounding it so I can start with a blank slate. I removed the old stove pipe and want to start with all new pipe. My question is this, can I still get an outside air kit for the 0041 and is it even necessary? Also everything I have read says to use double wall pipe for mobile home installations. Well, the 0041 manual says not to use double wall pipe due to exceeding temperatures. I plan on building a new hearth and wall surround using stone or some sort of manufactured stone product. If I build a non combustible wall and use the clearance for a combustible wall will single wall pipe be ok? My main concern is safety, I want to be sure that my installation is correct and there is no chance of problems. Any information or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. Have you checked to confirm that this stove is mobile home approved?

Welcome, jgreen. My Resolute Acclaim 0041 Manual says on the inside front cover - Introduction: "The Resolute Acclaim is not listed for installation in mobile homes."

Thanks for the replies! I didn't even look at the introduction in the manual until after I posted this. It does say that. Looks like I'm going to have to start looking for another stove! I had looked at the manual for the resolute acclaim 2490 originally. It is MH approved, wonder what the difference is?

Status
Not open for further replies.