VC Resolute Acclaim 0041 Red enamel paint touch up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobeman

Feb 16, 2013
Iowa
Hello, So I'm working on rebuilding my new to me VC Resolute Acclaim, it had a few chips in the enamel here and there, so I got the filler, and the Bordeaux touch up paint, however, the touch up is too light. Were the older 0041 acclaims a different shade of red? or will this paint change when first heated? Its not a big deal but one of the chips was on the top and its noticable, any help would be great, Love this site!

unfortunately thats as close as you can get from vermount. The reds tend to darken with age and even new from the factory can have slighty differant shades. If you can get some black touch up can try and custom blend the shade you need it will take some trial and error but you should be able to get it prettty close if your paitence

Thanks for the quick reply, I had a feeling they were different as when I started to search around for warming shelves for it, something was said about "old red enamel". Great idea tinting the Bordeaux, I'll get some black and give it a go, its pretty close as is. Guess I'd better keep looking for the "old red" color warming shelves.

even if you find the "old red" shelves they still may not match due to die lots. Red was the worst colour for mismatch due to die lots and age

Status
Not open for further replies.