VC Resolute Acclaim - 1988

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Amstutz

Jan 25, 2013
I have an 88 Resolute Acclaim, Model 0041, cast iron. I bought it two years ago from someone who claimed they only burned it a few times. Last year I burned it hard and after the season I had to replace with arch inserts. This year, It appears I am having to replace the upper firebricks, lower firebricks and the combustion package. All 3 units are warped and currently when I burn, it will burn very hot because of the added airflow. What is causing this to warp? The parts to replace will be over $350. Does it make sense to replace the parts or to part it out?

parting it out may be tough. The most anyone would probably need would be the inner side plates. The parts you had go bad does happen a lot but that is still pretty quick. Sounds like you are really undersized.

THe 0041 didn't have firebricks, but it did have endless problems. IF you do anything, get the parts kit that converts it to be like the currently available model which DOES have firebrick. Very expensive, but you end up w/ a decent stove. Better still, buy a Jotul. Acclaims, whether old style or new, are pricey to maintain. Expensive stuff wears out on a regular basis, more frequently the more you burn it. Can be great stoves though...

Status
Not open for further replies.