VC Resolute Acclaim Top Plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobeman

Feb 16, 2013
Iowa
Hello all, I'm about to reassemble my acclaim 0041 which has previously had the upgrades done to it which makes it like the current model. I dry fit it together to be sure I knew how it went after I broke out the cement. Issue I have is between the stove back and the top plate, and the front and the top plate, there is a gap say 3/8" where the front and back are not in the grove of the top plate. The side plates are snug in the top. I know that the cement in the bottom channel will raise it a bit but I'm thinking the top plate is warped? If I put a straight edge across the top it does crown in the center, is this normal? No other parts show any warpage or signs of abuse, (I bought this thing used). Any input? Thanks!

Sounds like you may be right. It should be flat.

Thanks for the input, kind of a bummer as my stove is the "old red" that's been replaced by the bordeaux. Guess I'll have a 2 toned stove. Searched the forums about painting over the enamel and doesnt sound like a good idea.

Maybe just get a black one and paint that or leave it black? Also ask around to see if any dealers have any used Acclaims hanging around for parts.

I thought about that, thermolux looks like they have a color similar, then I could hit it with the gloss and I bet i'd look good. I think what happened is it was overfired, then someone did the conversion which replaced the majority of the parts and thus is why nothing else looks to be bent. There was gobs of cement on everything so I'm guessing they just packed the gap full. I never thought to look close at the top plate when I knocked it apart. Found this site after the purchase, I read alot of negative about the acclaim but I don't mind working on it and I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work out I'll look fir a new stove down the road, gotta love the top load tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.