VC Resolute Andirons - what kind of bolts do they attach with?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vermontsegur

Aug 4, 2014
Southern Vermont
I recently purchased a house and one of the things that came with it is a Vermont Castings Resolute stove. Just starting to get it cleaned up and understanding how to operate it, and I notice the previous owner left me some of the accessories, including two andirons. However, it doesn't look like I have the bolts for the andirons. I've managed to find a manual for the stove (on here, thanks to kind members) but it doesn't indicate what kind of bolts are used to attach them. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

No bolts...

From the manual for the 2491:

Removable Andirons For greater Front-loading convenience The andirons slip into pockets cast into the front of the bottom grate and can be removed when loading through the front door. (Most Acclaim owners, however, prefer the convenience of “smokeless” top loading.)
IMPORTANT: The andirons must be in place during operation. They not only help keep the glass door panel clear for fireviewing, but they assure proper placement of the fuel load for efficient clean-burning operation.

What model number is it? According to the exploded views I'm looking at, the Resolute didn't HAVE andirons until the Resolute Accclaim 0041 came out in 89...& that diagram shows no bolts/screws.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.