VC Resolute question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1sttimeburner

Jun 12, 2015
Putney, Vermont
I just bought a 1979 Resolute. It appeared to be in good condition and well maintained. I am new to wood stoves so I didn't know exactly what to look for. Long story short, when I got home and started really investigating I realized that the damper would become crooked whenever it was opened and closed. As I researched, I realized it is missing a right ear that holds that side of the damper in place. A few calls to parts dealers have come up dry. Anyone have any ideas about where one might find a right ear (part 11 on the Resolute I & II schematic)?

That could be a tough one, it may take improvising or canabalizing another stove. Try www.woodmanspartsplus.com to see if they have any leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.