VC Vigilant clearance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnman

Jan 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I am thinking of getting a VC Vigilant and i want to set the stove in a large center chimney fireplace but i was concerned about the clearances to combustible material. I live in NH and was not sure if i should check with my building department or fire department? Any insight would be appreciated. Barnman

Generally, 3 feet MINIMUM to combustable surfaces, , 18" to shielded. BEWARE the inspection process in rural NH; There isn't one. Fire dept. is well meaning, and the insurance co. might even accept their inspection, but I would find an experienced full service chimney proffessional to take a look at it, even do the actual install.

Great stove by the way, happy heating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.