VC Vigilant door holes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone1099

Jan 5, 2009
Northwest GA
Currently rebuilding an 81' vigilant and have noticed 5 holes in the doors 2 in one and 3 in the other. any ideas 5/31 dia

can you post a picture.

I am guessing something someone drilled?

Each door has two holes about 4 inches apart just inside the raised edge at the bottom of the door and the door with the handle mounted has one hole near handle area also just inside of outer raised edge

I had a vigilant that was built 84-85 castings and rebuilt it and in all my research of this stove I never saw anything about holes in teh doors. This just does not seem right to me.

I no longer have the vigilant now (sold it)

This seems like someone modified for what ever reason? I would fill the holes with bolts if it allows the doors to still close properly.

Could it be someone made a bracket to go across the doors to keep them closed as it is a top loader as well?

filled the holes. never determined what they were for. put some rivets in and painted looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.