VC Vigilant, newest addition... in Alaska and not Maine.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonMSPT

Minister of Fire
Still own the wood boiler and the model 0044 Fireplace Insert in Maine, with the house. But am in the process of helping someone fix a small cabin into a house here in Alaska. Love to own it, but the house in Maine is dragging me down, makes me look bad on paper.

Anyway, never one to burn oil to stay warm... Found a cherry old VC Vigilant, and a used chimney, on Craig's List for a song... installed and burning last year for under a grand. Recently finished basement off, and cleaned things up around the stove some.

Thought I'd show it off... LOL

Attachments

• VC Vigilant.jpg
    VC Vigilant.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 253
Still a work in progress, but it's making heat anyway. LOL

One more piece of 4x4 across the top, and an official heat shield for the short piece of pipe between the elbow and metalbestos... plugs and stain for the screw holes...

Status
Not open for further replies.