VC Vigilant question- Please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I looked at Menards and at some of the pipe manufacturers documents. Seems like my best bet would be to go through the wall as we originally planned! Im going to go with double wall stove pipe from the stove, to a masonry adapter which will be cemented in. Then convert to Class A stainless with a T for clean out and then chimney pipe! Thank you guys for all your knowledge!

Don't hesitate to ask questions. And better yet if you can, post interior and exterior pictures so that folks can spot any potential issues before you start.

It is not an EPA-stove but does the Upland maybe have some kind of minimum flue requirement? Right now you are planning to use an oversized flue with maybe 10 ft vertical rise and two 90s and a horizontal section in between. I am wondering whether you may not get draft problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.