VC Vigilant?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisnnik

Nov 6, 2007
Southern NH
My neighbor burns wood in his VC Vigilant - he says it's a 1977 ... Is this a wood or coal stove? I am pretty good on the net, and I cannot seem to find a manual anywhwere, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the Vigilant is multi-fuel wood/coal but I think you had to have a different grate to do that. Maybe someone will jump in on this?

NICE GUYS! That was fast. Printed, and I'm bringing it to him now. On a side note, my Englander 13 has this house at 82, and now my family wants to complain that it's too Hot!!!

Thanks again ...

Yep.. way too hot for my likings.... 70-72 with a good humidifier makes me very happy!

Temps up in the 80's will dry out your sinus's, carpeting and furniture. If you have wood floors they will shrink and gap. I also find going into the cold weather from such a warm house is a dramatic experience. How much more wood are you burning keeping up those temps?

When you have the oil/gas on... what temps were confortable?

Burn safe and comfortably,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.