VC Winterwarm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBotti

Sep 11, 2014
NY
Hello, I need some help regarding a VC Winterwarm 1280 Large Insert. I recently purchased a foreclosure that one time had a 1280 insert. It goes into the 1283 cabinet which is still intact except for the elevated base and blower. I was able to get an insert to replace the missing one, but cant find an elevated base/blower anywhere. I'm sure that they are unavailable, so I am looking for some dimensions mostly the height of the elevated base. I figured that I can fabricate a base out of some sheet metal etc. I have contacted VC and they were less than helpful. Also, if anyone has any actual pictures of what the front would look like with the trim with the insert raised, I would appreciate it if you could send them to me. I think I have found 1 picture of the insert in a cabinet with the elevated base. Lastly, if anyone is looking to get rid of a set up like this, please let me know. I am looking.

Thank you for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.